Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Old World Magic (-very- old world)

Here's what I need plain and simple:

An alternate way for magic to work.

• Magic is divided into levels (0-9)
  • Each level has a set number of uses per (rest at an in etc)
  • Actors can only learn 3 spells per level of magic (3 level 0 spells, level 1 2 3 etc)
  • Some skills still cost SP

Basically similar to DnD magic or Early NES final fantasy 1 / 3

Also it would be nice if We could separate magic from skills, IE have this magic system and then still have skills that work through SP

RATB compatible would be stellar.

Classic 'Dungeons and Dragons' styled Spell use for Mages and Clerics???

Nice idea. Maybe you want to introduce spell memorization from the player's personal spellbook too.

Characters had a book with all their spells, but could only memorize a certain number due to their level and intelligence (their brains could only handle so much). And it took some time to learn them (hours of study even if they used it before).

that would be a fine addition Derwolf, thank u for the suggestion. Now all i need is the script ^_~

I do appreciate that a scriptor has at least taken interest in this however. it gives me hope :)

I'll give this a shot, but I have no idea how I'm going to make it display how many spells of each level you have left x| I'd imagine it'd take a lot of room, maybe a special key like Z or something will open a new window showing the spells left for each level? s: Some ideas would be appreciated XD

Edit - Actually, I just finished the basic system, so the spells left window is all that's left x|

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.