Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Objective Arrow on Screen...

Kraft

Sponsor

Okay, here goes...

I am requesting a script that shows an arrow on the screen that points to a certain tile.  I would be using this on a world map (a big one in VX) when you are supposed to go to a certain place or city.

If the tile that the arrow is pointing to is off of the screen, I would like the little arrow graphic to be at the edge of the screen pointing in that direction.  If the destination is upper-left, then have the arrow in that corner of the screen, etc...

Basically the arrow follows the destination on the edge of the screen.  If you walk around it (with it not in view) then the arrow will move around the edge of the screen and always keep pointing at it.

If the destination comes into the screen view, the arrow points down on top of it and stays on there, even if the screen moves.

This is a request for RMVX

Also, I am using the feature that allows the map edges to warp around to the other edges... so you might have to figure how that works into the script...  Maybe it just shows the closest distance or something...

One last thing... I would like this script able to turn on and off with a switch, and have 2 variables (or just a script call) to determine the location of the arrow.

Thanks!

~Kraft

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.