Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

NP+ 1.7 - New Server - Version 0.03!

Possible: Yes.
FTP: Not that way.

But you don't want to send over the savefile in bytes, simply because it creates strain, is relatively long and if one byte shifts, you're screwed. But yes, that's possible.

OK, well I mean, if you are to have an online game, and go to a friends house and wanna play, how would you keep your save data... it just seems weird to have a great online game scripts and only be able to keep your save data on one computer unless uploaded to send space then they could download it on their friends computer from there but, if that were to happen, you would have 50+ people cheating downloading save files from someone who has gotten far into the game... maybe even change the whoel save system so it saves the players stats, characters, skills all into the Sql database

jcsnider":3ct7lced said:
OK, well I mean, if you are to have an online game, and go to a friends house and wanna play, how would you keep your save data... it just seems weird to have a great online game scripts and only be able to keep your save data on one computer unless uploaded to send space then they could download it on their friends computer from there but, if that were to happen, you would have 50+ people cheating downloading save files from someone who has gotten far into the game... maybe even change the whoel save system so it saves the players stats, characters, skills all into the Sql database
you can add encrypted variable that check the user you loaded your account from...
I can basiclly add the the save into SQL database that the easiest way for me,
but, i need someone to help me make the client Character scene without widgets.
its possible to add also global events without RXDATA..

well I got people to connect to my game, but they can see me and I cant see them, plus, I am not movin on their screen... whats up? did i do somthin wrong?

Edit I fount the problem and the fix, but another problem occurs...

Ok in the server cfg, i had a local ip 192.168.1.110, then I had the router forward the port to that ip, you could connect to the server but couldnt see any players because the client had my real ip 74.129.132...

so once I changed the client to 192.168.1.110 and tried it on 2 local computers, it worked.

Very simple...

but, when I change the cfg to my 74.129.132... in the server cfg

the server starts, then gets this error

http://www.fileden.com/files/2007/5/14/ ... rror17.PNG[/img]

Any ideas anyone?

jcsnider":1xdqw4ry said:
well I got people to connect to my game, but they can see me and I cant see them, plus, I am not movin on their screen... whats up? did i do somthin wrong?

Edit I fount the problem and the fix, but another problem occurs...

Ok in the server cfg, i had a local ip 192.168.1.110, then I had the router forward the port to that ip, you could connect to the server but couldnt see any players because the client had my real ip 74.129.132...

so once I changed the client to 192.168.1.110 and tried it on 2 local computers, it worked.

Very simple...

but, when I change the cfg to my 74.129.132... in the server cfg

the server starts, then gets this error

http://www.fileden.com/files/2007/5/14/ ... rror17.PNG[/img]

Any ideas anyone?

Port Forward Port 50000 or the port wrote in the config.ini file.
Don't ask how here go to another forum.
try portforward.com

I have, i get people to connect then my server cfg is 192.168.1.110 a local ip, and people from outside can even connect with my real IP 74.129.132.XXX but they login and cannot see other players, while if i use 2 of MY computers and set the server and the game to 192.168.1.110 then I can see other players, the problem is, if I change the IP on the server to 74.129.132.XXX I get that error...

I am using a linksys router, and the port is forwarded

I am also using XAMPP for MySQL and stuff, and that is forwarded too

jcsnider":22afcaf6 said:
I have, i get people to connect then my server cfg is 192.168.1.110 a local ip, and people from outside can even connect with my real IP 74.129.132.XXX but they login and cannot see other players, while if i use 2 of MY computers and set the server and the game to 192.168.1.110 then I can see other players, the problem is, if I change the IP on the server to 74.129.132.XXX I get that error...

I am using a linksys router, and the port is forwarded

I am also using XAMPP for MySQL and stuff, and that is forwarded too

It's not forwarded well, sometimes routers suck...
Try to port forward port 80 and give someone your IP tell him to try
typing it in the browser address bar when the XAMPP is started...
Please don't complain here go to a networking forum or something..

ok, I will see what I can do, I may get rid of my router all together...

would you think... or from what I see, it flashs and leaves in less then a millisecond, I had to try to take that screenshot 20 times, it seems to happen fast, is it just maybe the router not responding fast enough?

maybe a server edit to make it wait a little longer for a reply?

i will look for a networking forum

Edit: Everyone can connect fine, to the game, the server responds but dosnt send the chars movement becuz the IP in the game client  is different then the server cfg, would there be a way so the server dosnt check maybe the IP of the client just send the data to anyone that connects?

Edit2: I got it working for now, I have no idea what is or was wrong

I remember using a NP once, and the enemies weren't synched with the other players.. so if I killed an enemy, it would still be alive for everyone else. Is this fixed in this version?

Well making such thing called "Global ABS"
It needs lot of work
and making two servers
Login Server and Game Server
when the Game Server load Maps and update them by a condition..
if you move the map on the server you can make global animations, global abs,
global events and more and more and more...

Hi all!

Uhm... noone is getting this error ingame when clicking in the server's name?
Code:
Error de Script [NET] Socket Library en la linea 188 de tipo 'NoMethodError'
undefined method to `testresult' for Network::Test:Class

Is there anyway to solve this problem?

Thanks for all

I solved that error by updating rpg maker, but now appears this one:

Code:
Script '[NET] TCPSocket 'line 53: Errno::ECONNREFUSED occurred. No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it.

I think this is a server problem, but I don't know what to do...
I have created the server in a LAN PC and deactivated firewall

I solved that error by updating rpg maker, but now appears this one:

Code:
Script '[NET] TCPSocket 'line 53: Errno::ECONNREFUSED occurred. No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it.

I think this is a server problem, but I don't know what to do...
I have created the server in a LAN PC and deactivated firewall

Finnaly I solved this error by writing in the ini.cfg server file the local IP of the server instead of "localhost"

efeerk

Do I Need Microsoft SQL Server for That Online System?

If so what do I do?

Do am you give me the files throw in Microsoft SQL Server?

Sorry Im Newbie for Online Servers and English :)

efeerk":24rouqcu said:
Do I Need Microsoft SQL Server for That Online System?

If so what do I do?

Do am you give me the files throw in Microsoft SQL Server?

Sorry Im Newbie for Online Servers and English :)
Nope, you'll need MySQL Server search it in google

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.