Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Not use an actor in battle unless is the last alive

Script Request Template
This is a request for a new script, an edit or debug of an existing script.

Script Title:
Switch before battle
Detailed Description:
I'm looking for something that stops you using a particular actor in battle unless the rest of the party are dead. The actor has the database id of 1. So, say you had 3 people in battle, only the other two could fight, and actor 1 could only fight when the other two are dead
Other Scripts I am using (in order):
More than 4 Choices - Author Unknown, from RMXP.net
Key Items - AcedentProne RMXP.net
Advanced Message Script R4 - Dubealex
Disc Changer - Zeriab
Trailing Characters - SephirothSpawn
Minimap

Thank you

OK, let me ask you something... What's the battle system script you're planning to include in your project? This is important because there are many of them and each of them may require a different solution...

kyonides":3llgfxm3 said:
OK, let me ask you something... What's the battle system script you're planning to include in your project? This is important because there are many of them and each of them may require a different solution...
its the default battle system

valdred":3llgfxm3 said:
this is easily done with some conditional branches on each and every troop in your database...
How would i go about doing that, i don't really see any easy way of doing it, especially if i get this script done
viewtopic.php?f=12&t=69831

Well, I posted a script named Last Fighter XP where you can make sure that hero won't fight against his or her enemies unless the others are completely dead. Even so, in the current version, enemies can still attack the hero that is resting... I also plan to add a small feature that will let you fight automatically (dealing their enemies physical damage only).

If you don't see it in the Scripts subforum, it still need a mod's approval before being posted there.

Edit...

It's posted already...

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.