Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

[NO REQ] - What is the "best" ABS?

Heya,

Nope, I'm not posting here for an actual request, but rather a question. There are a lot of Action Battle Systems out, and some you have probably tested some, if not all. Now my question is: which one scores the highest in the following things: (Note: This is just guidelines to kind of see which ABS it the best for me)

- Doesn't use a heck lot of new graphics. I prefer to stick to just charsets, because I don't have a lot of time to work.

- Allows the hero party to consist of 4 members. Is this possible? I remember there being only one script around (Near Fantastica's) and it was glitched like no tomorrow.

- Has magic in it, and the enemies are also capable of casting magic.

That's it pretty much. ^^ I hope someone who has already tested some ABS can help me out with this.~~ Thank you!!

Twin Matrix":h35qc61p said:
Heya,

Nope, I'm not posting here for an actual request, but rather a question. There are a lot of Action Battle Systems out, and some you have probably tested some, if not all. Now my question is: which one scores the highest in the following things: (Note: This is just guidelines to kind of see which ABS it the best for me)

- Doesn't use a heck lot of new graphics. I prefer to stick to just charsets, because I don't have a lot of time to work.

- Allows the hero party to consist of 4 members. Is this possible? I remember there being only one script around (Near Fantastica's) and it was glitched like no tomorrow.

- Has magic in it, and the enemies are also capable of casting magic.

That's it pretty much. ^^ I hope someone who has already tested some ABS can help me out with this.~~ Thank you!!
For all this go for a SBABS like Mr Mos SBABS! That should be found somewhere on the Scripts forum.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.