Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Nintendo getting sued

Could you actually give US information instead of just linking to a topic on another forum where we'll have to sift through "a few pages".

This is typical patent trolling. The suit against Sony made a little sense (but not alot) in the sense that they didn't just patent the idea of a rumbling controller, but specifically how it rumbled. In any case it's proof of our badly broken patent system.

What you dont hear about when people bring frivelous lawsuits up is how often they're IMMEDIATELY thrown out of court. I think this one will be, its like Ford sueing every other car company for using a gas engine to power their cars. Its stupid is what it is and I hope they keep throwing these lawsuits into court until it becomes a CRIME to persue frivelous lawsuits.

I love sony getting sued everyone is like "all right" but if Nintendo it's like "oh there's no case".. Nintendo fanboys are sad sad people :\

not to mention they are so damn stupid and realizing sony isn't the one suing or even involved.. stupid stupid fanboys

ಠ_ಠ

Anyway, Microsoft is also involved in the suit. The Immersion suing Sony/Msoft thing was out of line, but they had enough of a case to get something out of it, but it's still patent trolling, whether it happens to Nintendo or Microsoft or Sony. This will probably end quickly, but this kind of crap happens all the time. Just like Minkoff said, our patent system is screwed.

Marcus

Sponsor

Man, after reading a couple of replies I immediately clicked the 'x' button. I simply could not exist on the Nintendo boards because it's filled with such idiots. I'd be banned after 1 post.

Heh, I can't even go to Nintendo boards for that very same reason. It's fun for Nintendo haters, but for those who like Nintendo and have a brain at the same time, it's a horrible embarrassment. So, troll away, those fanboys deserve it.

OK.....to clear up why so many people think it's Sony suing em....Sony does own a pretty big chunk of the company that is sueing Ninty and MS.

So......it is kinda logical....ish. Look....I'm just saying it isn't as fanboyish as it originally sounds. Still fanboyish....but fanboyishness that is plausible.

All I have to say is, as long as we get those consoles, on time, with logical price tags (heck, the ones the PS3 and the Wii have right now are pretty logical), I don't really care who is suing who, and since ^ says Sony owns a big chunk of that company, i'm gonna assume that if this company wins this case, Sony may make back alot of the money they lost in the other case (if they do own that specific part of the company)...

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.