Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

NickName - Custom Name Menu

NickName
Custom Name Menu - XP (RC2) & VX (RC1)
by Kyonides-Arkanthos

Introduction

This script allows you to start a game in a Legend of Zelda fashion. You first select a save file, then you choose your name with a (non-standard RM) GUI and later you go back to the save screen where you can now see that your new save file shows your name instead of "New Game".

Even if you change your character's or hero's name later on, that won't affect your save file.

You can also save your game by pressing button A. (Press F1 to check out which button is supposed to be A in your keyboard / gamepad setup.)

I know the screenshots are in Spanish, but I already included the English images in the demo file. You'd just need to change the filenames in FileData and SaveFile modules, I think the Constant names are quite self explanatory.

Screenshot

nicknamerc1sc1.png

nicknamerc1sc2.png

nicknamerc1sc3.png

DEMO (Script Included)

DOWNLOAD DEMO

Usage

If you have any questions regarding this script usage, please feel free to post them.

Compatability

This was made for Standard RMXP games.

Credits and Thanks

Kyonides-Arkanthos

Terms and Conditions

Free to use for free / non commercial games. You should include me in your game credits and do not alter my script unless you obviously need to edit some Constant value...

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.