Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

New Resolution Script - Version 1.5

Status
Not open for further replies.
New Resolution Script
Version 1.5

:mad: NOW REWRITTEN BY ME.

INTRODUCTION:

This script allows you to change the resolution of your project. You can now play with the resolutions 640*480, 800*600, 1024*768 and 1152*864.
Basically this script is an amalgamation of several other scripts.

FEATURES:

- More Compatibility.
- Rewritten with SDK.
- You may change your resolution to:
640*480,800*600, 1024*768 and 1152*864.
- To start the game in Fullscreen.
- Fixes were made to: Menu, Battle and Transition.
- Function Screenshot.
- Created a new type of transition.

SCREENSHOTS:

- This is a screen of the game running in the resolution 800*600.

DEMO:

Dll Pack: DOWNLOAD
Resolution Script: DOWNLOAD v1.5

THE SCRIPT:

The script is very large (or both :blink01:) and is divided into five parts, so download the DEMO containing the complete script and the DLLs necessary for their operation.

INSTRUCTIONS:

Requires SDK 2.0+ part 1-2, Put this script below SDK and above Main.
To change the resolution of your game look at the Resolution Script lines: 31 (WINDOW_WIDTH = Width) and 33 (WINDOW_HEIGHT = height). Choose from the following resolutions: 640*480 - 800*600 - 1024*768 - 1152*864, if other value is placed, will make a bug when the Game enter fullscreen.
To start the game in Fullscreen, look for line 35 (FULLSCREEN = false), true = Fullscreen and false = No Fullscreen.

Press the button F5 to capture the image (Function Screenshot).
To use the fullscreen press F11.
To exit the game just hit F4.
ALT key Disabled to prevent bugs.

COMPATIBILITY:

Here is the biggest problem with this beautiful script :( .

I do not know about the compatibility of this script but it should be incompatible with SKD and other scripts that modify the methods used by him, not to any other script window you want to ask, you have to change the height and width.

More than any form is a good script, and can be a source of inspiration for Scripters most advanced create other tools more compatible with other wonderful scripts.

CREDITS:

Bunktown207 - For its problem with caterpillar scripts.
RenanHangai - Improvement addition and attaching scripts for resolution and tileset.
SephirotSpawn - Method Tileset I edited.
Mr.Mo - Dll of the resolution, to change the resolution of the screen.
Near Fantastica - Script of the original resolution.
f0tz!baerchen - For the script of Anti - Lag.
cybersam - For the second version of the script of screenshot.
Fuso - Generate Auto-tile Script.

This is a script that deserves special attention, and I had the great pleasure to post it for all. I hope you all enjoy and use if they want (just do not forget the credits :D ).

ENJOY. ;)

arev

Sponsor

Works pretty similar to Selwyn's :) After exiting the fullscreen the window still gets cut by 6 pixels vertically ;)

Edit: I see you dealt pretty clever with the Plane objects ;)

arevulopapo;322605 said:
Works pretty similar to Selwyn's :) After exiting the fullscreen the window still gets cut by 6 pixels vertically ;)

Edit: I see you dealt pretty clever with the Plane objects ;)

It is true, but the script of Selwyn when using transition the image is cut, because this was a new type of transition. But the two are good scripts :D.

Hey arevulopapo, I have a request this link:
HP Bar on Map
See if you can help me.
Thanks! ;)

Dargor;322613 said:
Awesome script.
However, it does not work in full screen.

Of course it works O_o, when you press F11 it goes to full screen, and cut 6 pixels of the screen, both above and below.
Be more specific with your question please.;)

Wow this script is great!
I just have 2 questions. :)

Is there any way to set an in game option to change the resolution?

and is there any major known bugs besides the non cmpatibility with SDK? :)
Because I really want to use this script for my game.

http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g109/ ... 5/woag.jpg[/IMG]

edit*
In my game im using fog to create cosmetic lighting,
would i have to resize the fog or something? :)
because the fog was originally made when the resolution was 640x480.

The script is nice :) I'm not sure if this happen to everyone or is it just me but I've got a stack level too deep error with F12 :S Probably due to the aliasing?

Will the answers ...

@ Saikyo765,
Question 1: I rewrite the entire script to work with SDK and MACL, and this function will be included in version 1.1 (wait only a little more ^_^).

Question 2: My time is short now but will take to release the new version, then I will post compatibility him entirely.

Question 3 (2 issues hein! :-/): Eduardo already answered your question.

@ Hima, the F12 key question problem with most scripts :'(, and this is one more!

@ Bunktown207, shows an screen of your problem.

And thank you all for having liked this script, I was not that I did just modified some things but I am currently rewriting it for more compatibility and also to let the code cleaner. :thumb:

benilton;323169 said:
Will the answers ...

@ Saikyo765,
Question 1: I rewrite the entire script to work with SDK and MACL, and this function will be included in version 1.1 (wait only a little more ^_^).

Question 2: My time is short now but will take to release the new version, then I will post compatibility him entirely.

Question 3 (2 issues hein! :-/): Eduardo already answered your question.

@ Hima, the F12 key question problem with most scripts :'(, and this is one more!

@ Bunktown207, shows an screen of your problem.

And thank you all for having liked this script, I was not that I did just modified some things but I am currently rewriting it for more compatibility and also to let the code cleaner. :thumb:

nevermind man, no offense but when I put ur script in, then removed it, it erased my map and replaced it with yours.

it erased the map and everything on it, but umm now when I start game it is still on your map with my chars, even though I removed it all? any idea why it would of done that?

just a heads up. that games toast.

@ bunktown2007,

You will be using some other script? If being me say that this script is. It must be a problem of incompatibility, but I am working hard to launch a new version (rewrite the entire script) compatible with SDK and MACL.

(... Nevermind man,) do not understand! O_o

benilton;323232 said:
@ bunktown2007,

You will be using some other script? If being me say that this script is. It must be a problem of incompatibility, but I am working hard to launch a new version (rewrite the entire script) compatible with SDK and MACL.

(... Nevermind man,) do not understand! O_o

I dont use SDK, i use animated battlers and paradog's....sorry i was frustrated, but i couldnt get the screen the fit inside of the screen...

Say it was a smaller version of the gameplay screen itself, and in the upper-left hand corner....i will try to take a screen shot...maybe you can tell me what is wrong with it....

@ bunktown2007,

Can you send a DEMO of your project? Only for me to be sure of your problem. Must be incompatible with the system of battle paradog's, you should put somewhere in the script paradog's methods so that the resolution will be adjusted as the system of battle (only gives a look inside the script, he was set to operate only with the battle system default ;)), if you have any difficulty, will be happy to help, send me your demo that I will make the necessary adjustments. :thumb:

benilton;323260 said:
@ bunktown2007,

Can you send a DEMO of your project? Only for me to be sure of your problem. Must be incompatible with the system of battle paradog's, you should put somewhere in the script paradog's methods so that the resolution will be adjusted as the system of battle (only gives a look inside the script, he was set to operate only with the battle system default ;)), if you have any difficulty, will be happy to help, send me your demo that I will make the necessary adjustments. :thumb:

*edit*
it kind of works now, it will go into the game, but caterpillar doesnt work and there are no tiles....it is compressed tho please take a look at it....

here is direct link : http://www.badongo.com/file/5276744

Bunktown207;323308 said:
*edit*
it kind of works now, it will go into the game, but caterpillar doesnt work and there are no tiles....it is compressed tho please take a look at it....

here is direct link : http://www.badongo.com/file/5276744

The conflict is in the script of caterpillar (This script modifies the class tileset), wait just a bit for me to solve your problem. :thumb:

Do not worry :D, I have almost finished the new version and I assure that will be more compatible.

benilton;323425 said:
The conflict is in the script of caterpillar (This script modifies the class tileset), wait just a bit for me to solve your problem. :thumb:

Do not worry :D, I have almost finished the new version and I assure that will be more compatible.

awesome man. I really like the system I got goin, but needed a bigger screen to do it on with larger maps. I only been here for like a month so a lot of this is still fresh, still soakin it in haha.

thanks a lot man ^^

Finally a new version 1.5, this was completely rewritten by me, now compatible with SDK. I believe that has more compatibility, due to be written with SDK. :D

See the first post, now edited for the new version.

Thanks! :thumb:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.