Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

New Mods

Status
Not open for further replies.
arcthemonkey;208831 said:
Hehe, my evil plain is working.

I'm still the only moderator! Haha!

Trickster, you jumped up the ranks right past me. Not that I deserve any better. I will curse you until I no longer think of it!

Don't worry, I'll worm my way back into that position again, and then you'll lose that individuality you so value!

haha, I love that question. For one by not asking that question! You just show general responsibility and commitment to making the place better and preventing annoying fights from breaking out and etc. You don't want to be a moderator for the status of it, you want to be a moderator to prevent this place from going down the hole (or in the more optimistic terms of my cohorts, keep it looking spiffy clean). Think of it like a job you don't get paid for, that gets you no respect.

How to become a mod?

When we (the staff) ask ourselves, "Who should be mod?" and your name comes up, and two people go, "Oh yeah! He's always helping people out and even only flamed Trickster once!" and then somebody says, "Weren't they banned at .net?" and I'm like, "No, that was someone else." and finally ccoa goes, "Who again?" And we are like, "DUH!" and then you are a mod.

There might be fairies involved. I forget.

ccoa

Saint Minor;208761 said:
All though i wasn't sure whether to put Maestro as Retired Mod or not because he's only a member now?

I moved Maestro to the Member usergroup and gave him a retired mod badge because he's been gone for a very long time, and past experience has told us that demodding people who leave for long periods of time is safest. Never let it be said that we can't learn from experience!

If he returns and wants his job back, it will be here for him.

And Arc became a mod because Lord_Gradient appeared one day and said "Let there be mods." And, lo, there were mods. And it was good.

Without LG, our methods are a lot more mundane and democratic.

arcthemonkey;208831 said:
Hehe, my evil plain is working.

I'm still the only moderator! Haha!

Trickster, you jumped up the ranks right past me. Not that I deserve any better. I will curse you until I no longer think of it!

Be happy that you are in a user group all to yourself :p

arcthemonkey;208869 said:
How to become a mod?

When we (the staff) ask ourselves, "Who should be mod?" and your name comes up, and two people go, "Oh yeah! He's always helping people out and even only flamed Trickster once!" and then somebody says, "Weren't they banned at .net?" and I'm like, "No, that was someone else." and finally ccoa goes, "Who again?" And we are like, "DUH!" and then you are a mod.

There might be fairies involved. I forget.

What and I sent in that video of me doing embarassing things to become a mod, I want my video back!

Great choices all, and congrats to those who are now mods! Enjoy your added responsibility while all us non-mods rejoice in our freedom. ^_^

ccoa;208900 said:
And Arc became a mod because Lord_Gradient appeared one day and said "Let there be mods." And, lo, there were mods. And it was good.

Without LG, our methods are a lot more mundane and democratic.

Arc is all that's left of that period before you or I or Erk... :< Our friends like LG, Cleric, InsomniacMG, Serith, and Silhouette (he wasn't staff but he was pretty badass) are all gone now, lost to time ;-;

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.