Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

NetVX, Version 2!!! new systems!!

I have a problem. I have all the default config, and I ran the server program, and the game, but after I press enter for the server, it closes the program, and Windows says it has to close Game.exe .

Near":2dak5mdf said:
I have a problem. I have all the default config, and I ran the server program, and the game, but after I press enter for the server, it closes the program, and Windows says it has to close Game.exe .
Default Config = Doesen't work
you need to change the config,
the IP and SQL configurations,
just follow the guides

So small tutorial for those who don't understand.

Download wamp or Xampp for webserver, mysql in 1. google it
Go to http://localhost/phpmyadmin/
create new database "netvx" then choose in top import and find .sql file and import it
go back to main page of phpmyadmin and choose users or rights ((depends on version)) and make new user give all rights and fill that info into config.ini of server

so now that's done, download ruby. http://www.ruby-lang.org/en/downloads/
if you use windows just get the one click installer and install
assuming you configured the config.ini go to server map and open NETVX it should open up in some ruby console automatically.
press enter and server will start if you did it correct.

p.s sorry for crappy english, maybe it helps someone.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Few questions...

I get error, crashing my game about every 6 min, anyway to solve this ?
Gold and exp is not being saved
is there still being worked on this ?
on login, when you type C it resets input

teth

1st question :
As author of this system said me - you need to change
\\RGSS
to
\\RGSS2
In input
2nd question :
Look at 1st post
3rd question :
I don't think so (but i can be wrong) author started making a new system on rmxp.
4th question :
I can't answer you beacuse i didn'nt found this err~
Be healthy and read posts...
Teth

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.