Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

NeoABS edit and HUD edit

Hey. For a while now, my game has used an evented battle system, but the amount of lag it caused has forced me to switch to a script. I'm currently trying out NeoABS, and editing parts here and there so it fits my purpose. However, as I have sai a load of times before, I am not a scripter, and so the only things I can do are small things like removing code I don't want, and editing variables and windows. I really need someone to help me out with my battle system. So here is what I'm mainly in need of. If different people could just help me with the different parts, I would be very grateful:

1. Animations depending on the way the player is facing. NeoABS as a default only uses one animation for every way the character faced, but I want to be able to set a different animation to show depending on the way the character is facing.
2. I don't want the characters to 'jump' when they are hit, like they do in the default ABS version of the script.
3. The player must be able to move shile shooting.
4. There must be a animation determined by something like [sprite name]_die for every enemy.
5. Different attack and hit sounds. The sounds made by the enemy when it's hit should be chosen randomly out of 3 or 4 sound effects and then played.

Secondly, I need someone to edit this script that I edited (yeah, sounds confusing) so you can turn it on and off with a switch, pressing Q and W cycles through the weapons you have in your inventory, and so the ammo displayed is for example:

Item 1 if weapon 1 is equiped
Item 2 if weapon 2 is equiped
etc

Here's the HUD script:

Code:
class Sprite_HUD < Sprite

def initialize

super

self.bitmap = RPG::Cache.picture("LMS HUD")

self.z = 1000

self.x = 640-self.bitmap.width

self.y = 480-self.bitmap.height

@current_hp = $game_party.actors[0].hp

@current_mp = $game_party.actors[0].sp

@current_ammo = $game_variables[1]

@current_weapon = $game_party.actors[0].weapon_id

refresh

end

def refresh

self.bitmap.clear

self.bitmap.dispose

self.bitmap = RPG::Cache.picture("LMS HUD")

self.bitmap.font.name = 'Lucida Console'

self.bitmap.font.size = 18

# HP [3, 19, 318, 11]

x = 19; y = 21; width = 103; height = 10;

percentage = @current_hp / $game_party.actors[0].maxhp.to_f

barwidth = width * percentage

self.bitmap.fill_rect(x, y, width-barwidth, height, Color.new(0, 0, 0))

# MP [3, 52, 318, 11]

x = 19; y = 41; width = 103; height = 10;

percentage = @current_mp / $game_party.actors[0].maxsp.to_f

barwidth = width * percentage

self.bitmap.fill_rect(x, y, width-barwidth, height, Color.new(0, 0, 0))

# WEAPON [331, 11, 58, 58]

image = RPG::Cache.icon($data_weapons[@current_weapon].icon_name)

self.bitmap.blt(120, -15, image, Rect.new(0, 0, 96, 96))

# AMMO

self.bitmap.draw_text(125, 38, 58, 32, @current_ammo.to_s, 1)

self.bitmap.draw_text(145, 38, 58, 32, "/", 1)

self.bitmap.draw_text(165, 38, 58, 32, "12", 1)

end

def update

if @current_hp != $game_party.actors[0].hp or @current_mp != $game_party.actors[0].sp or

@current_ammo != $game_variables[1] or @current_weapon != $game_party.actors[0].weapon_id

@current_hp = $game_party.actors[0].hp

@current_mp = $game_party.actors[0].sp

@current_ammo = $game_variables[1]

@current_weapon = $game_party.actors[0].weapon_id

refresh

end

end

end

I'm not asking one person to do all of these. If just one person could help with one of these, and someone else help with another, that would really help. Thanks in advance.
Fox

Err, hey, but I really wouldn't post like that over here, it's kind of counted as spamming by .org's rules. You should have sent me a PM or something to say that, keep posts in threads to actual comments or critisism, unless you can actually help with my request. Just to let you know.

4. There must be a animation determined by something like [sprite name]_die for every enemy.
Animation animations oder Character animations? :)
5. Different attack and hit sounds. The sounds made by the enemy when it's hit should be chosen randomly out of 3 or 4 sound effects and then played.
So only the sounds when an enemy is hit?
Or also when player is hit, enemy attacks and player attacks.

/edit: Oh, and in the HUD, do you want "Magazin-Ammo / Entire Ammo" or "Entire Ammo / Ammo you can have"

Thanks for replying to my request again Neo-Bahamut. For the animations, that would be character animations, not animation animations. The main character (player) doesn't have hit sounds, but for the enemy, they should have 3 or 4 sounds for when they are hit, and 3 or 4 sounds fpor when they attack.

For the HUD, it should be Magazin-Ammo/ Entire ammo.

Thanks again.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.