Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Need of a skill tree

Something like this

Fire to Fire2 or Flame
Ice to Ice2 of Ice Shards

You have some type of points and you spend them on a skill tree to power up your skills and chose from different branches like you learn ice and from there you can learn ice2 of ice shards and so on.

Is there a script like this, or can someone do this if its not to difficult?

Have you tried to use SephirothSpawn's Equipment Skills system?

Although you will have to carry the item to work (aka FF6 Espers) you can reprogram a specific item to teach Fire 1, Fire 2, Blaze.

Like Fire1 = 10 AP's
Like Fire2 = 50 AP's
Like Blaze = 100 AP's

Ain't perfect, but will do for now, I guess.

Someone else requested this too, I'm assuming you want something like the talent tree from World of Warcraft?

http://vnmedia.ign.com/screenshots/wow/93779960.jpg[/IMG]

If you don't need the actual graphical "tree" you can use Kio's Skill Learning system to do the same mechanic, you just can't visibly see in a menu what the requirements are for each skill: http://www.rmxp.org/forums/showthread.php?t=8926

If you want someone to make said visible tree, I'd try to provide some graphics for the coder so he has something to work with.

actualy maybe thers a way you could take synthisizes stat point system and use it for skills cause they are both really simliar. You would just need to change that you get 1 point per level and it boosts or learns the selected skill. If you want it so it has the actual "tree" look it would need a bit of extra codeing but it doesnt seam like it would be that much of a problem. I need this too actualy. ^^

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.