Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

need caterpillar and text pics/names

is there a code on hand for the FFVIII "caterpillar" style of walking? where the other party members follow you? i found a link on a different website but i didn't work.
i have utterly no ruby programming experience, so i will need to know where everything goes.

also, how do add the characters name and picture to a text box. say that the character's name is bob, and the file name for the picture is "bob's mug.PNG". what code would i use to put the name and picture in the text box?

There are many caterpillar scripts, just put this right above main, in a new script.
Code:
#==============================================================================
# â–  Train_Actor::Config
#------------------------------------------------------------------------------
# Caterpillar movement of actor is carried out on map
#==============================================================================

module Train_Actor

# â—

thanks for the caterpillar.

as for the name thing, i mean i need this:

characters name
characters        BLAH BLAH BLAH etc.
picture               

i can't do that with the events.

Injury

Awesome Bro

Yes you can! LOL

You'll have to make it so you can have an extra line of text box space, and then make a window graphic, with a space for names and the like, to be displayed. You then use a common event to make the window pop up when you want it to. Just things can be done with Calls, switches, or variables. Inputting a name should be as simple as  what baniff said. using \n [ # ] works like a charm! Use it! I think you have the Male, Fighter thing in your battles because you had made the character's names their classes and sex. Oh well..

Nothing is impossible for events to do but features that are script specific, i/e networking, drawing, etc etc.

Actually I think Lord of Faith means having a little NAME window over the text box, and a picture. You can do it the hard way with "Show Pictures", or you can use a UMS. ccoa used to have one on this site, but I think it was taken off... try searching the forums for another script.

Regimos":25pyme8w said:
Actually I think Lord of Faith means having a little NAME window over the text box, and a picture. You can do it the hard way with "Show Pictures", or you can use a UMS. ccoa used to have one on this site, but I think it was taken off... try searching the forums for another script.

not lord of faith! lord of fail!

yes, that is what i wanted, with the little text box, i've seen it done in other games before. i basically want the sort of text box that quintessence has, with the picture and name. where can i find that code?

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.