Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Need an CBS like this

Dean

I need a battle system that uses ABS but is on a battle field...that might sound a little confusing so I'll explain.
You still randomly encounter a battle, but on the battle screen you can run around like crazy and fight by pressing a button to attack, use and item, open menu, or use magic. get it? thanks much!

I think do not take my word but if someone could edit an abs and make that on some certian maps(named in the script or must have some words written) the fight will be teleported there.

I think I have a simple way of doing this.
I've been going over this in my head some times, and I think it should work. Just copy and paste Scene_Map somewhere else, and change the line 'class Scene_Map' into something like 'class Battle_Map'. Then you take any ABS, and change the Scene_Map into Battle_Map again. Then, you just edit the lines of code where it changes to the battle screen so it goes to the battle map. I'll leave that last thing to another scripter, though, because I really don't have time to script now (I'm far away from home in an internet caf?).

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.