Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Need A Custom Limit Break Script (Special kind)

My husband needs a special customization for a Limit Break sort of script. A modification of an existing script would do. He was attempting to use DerVVulfman's script, however this one does not do what he needs:

He needs it to allow him to name the "limit break" a different name for each character using it, and call the command they use to bring it up the same as its name. For example, if characterA's limit break was called "Critical" and characterB's limit break was called "Rage" then the bar that filled for CharA would be Critical and for CharB it'd be Rage. When the bars filled, CharA would find an option in their menu to use their Critical while CharB would use Rage.

Additionally, he needs to be able to set the effect that fills the bar. One Character's bar needs to be able to fill quicker than the other Character's bar. Also, they need to be able to be filled by separate things. For example: Character A's bar fills from attacking... Character B's bar fills from doing and taking damage.

So fill rate and fill type would need to be editable and it is highly preferable if one character's bar can fill from two variables (doing and taking damage) if at all possible.

He would like it to replace the attack option with the limit break choice as per DerVVulfman's Attack Option Replacer Script. He would also like that to be able to be set on and off per character if possible, though this is not absolutely necessary. For example: Character A's Critical limit break ability replaces Attack when the bar fills. Character B's Rage limit break ability does not replace Attack when the bar fills. (This would be cool, but isn't necessary. If they must both replace attack, that's okay.)

It would be cool if it was possible to put on a special item that would make the bar fill faster, but that is not necessary, only cool if possible.

It needs to work with these scripts shown:
UMS
Moghunter's Map Location Names
Guillame777's Multi-Slot
Taryn's Weapon Ammunition Script and Ammo HUD
SephirothSpawn's Skill Requirements 1.5 (Adjusted for NON-SDK)
ccoa's Status Effects Changes

Would be VERY VERY nice if it works with the ATB Lite

And it must be NON-SDK.

If anyone's willing to give this a stab, we'd really really appreciate it! I don't have much in way of talents to offer in return, but I could recolor some sprites or make some custom decorative paintings (as per these Custom Paintings)

If anyone knows a script that already does this, or knows how to get DerVVulfman's script to do this, that would work as well of course. I've looked and looked but I simply can't find a script that does all that he needs as listed above that doesn't conflict with the other scripts that are integral to his project especially... not that there's already a script that does the dual-naming thing that he wants.

Thank you to anyone who is willing to look at this!

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.