Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Naming Weapons

Thraxx

Hey, I was just wondering if it was possible for someone to make me a script. I don't know if it's possible or really easy but I was just curious if, in my game, you can name weapons which you have aquired. I currently have made a common event which has you create your own weapons and add your own stats to them. But I wanted to give the feature more customisation by creating a name for it. Would this be possible? I will give the creator 100% credit.

Anonymous

Couldn't this be done by having a bunch of empty characters and naming the weapons in the database /n[whatever] then using the 'change actor name' command? I can see that being pretty inefficent but if you don't get a script for it, that could work.

I put this somewhere yesterday!!

I put this somewhere yesterday!!

Ok first have two of each weapon in the database..
(for shops to sell the normally named version )
then have a blank hero slot
now use this method:

Enter Hero Name: #the blank hero#
Change weapon (add new weapon to items)
$data_weapons[1].name = $game_actors[9].name
Change hero name: #the blank hero# (back to nothing)
Eh Voila newly named weapon!!

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.