Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

My Evil villian's Motivation... Serious disscusion please.

Eventing_Guy

Awesome Bro

Kinda a Spoiler of my game but I wanted to know your serious opinion.
Back story: The Evil Villian in my game is just a powerful Demonic (what I call demons in my game) that defeated another powerful demonic, and is praised and practically worshiped by many of the lesser demonics.

She wasn't motivated by Power, Revenge, or anything like that...
She did it because she was bored.

Present story line: Even though she rules over her own territory. She is still bored. She knew she was powerful enough to go down and destroy all of the inhabidants of a near by human kingdom (by herself). But after all was said and done, she'd just be bored again.

So instead of the normal routine (she had gone on a destroying rampage before), she figured she set things up and let themself Destroy their own kingdom from the inside.

Im still putting things together, like what is happening that turned the once peaceful kingdom into what it is now.

I moved this into concept dev make sure you look at the rules before posting your stuff~

With that said, you might want to elaborate more. This is somewhat bare in concept and there is not much to comment on. Expand; this topic looks like it was posted prematurely or without enough information/story.

Eventing_Guy

Awesome Bro

Sorry about that... still hard for me to determine where to put these sometimes. (+ Premature post)

Anyway its a work in progress... My villian is motivated by boredum.
and that is what is happening in my story.

- she goes right to the top (King and Queen)
- Treatens if they do not do certain things (For her amusement)
She threatens there children and the entire kingdom.
- She has shown a little of her power so they know they can't
mess with her.

- do you think it is a stupid reason.
- Should I make it more cliece?
-What do you think overall?

As far as I'm concerned, her motive is just fine.

A problem I can see however is that the villain is both very powerful and doesn't have it's hands tied (no seal locking away 99% of her power) in any way. Basically, it looks like she could destroy the heroes at any moment. This may make it hard to find a plausible way for the heroes to survive until they somehow get the power they need to fight her.

Some games with that problem simple have the villain leave the heroes alone with the motivation that they amuse it or that they aren't viewed as a threat. However, if the villain just leaves them alone, it will sap any sense of danger the villain represents, no matter how powerful it is. I would not recommend that solution.

Eventing_Guy

Awesome Bro

What I have writen down, The heros encounter her a lot but she doesn't care they are there... She succeeds in obtaining things she is after and leaves minions behind to clean up.

kinda halfway into the game, she get irritated by the heroes, so she goes to confront them herself. So after kicking the crap out of them, they are rescued by the final party member. (teleports them away)

- insert a plot twist -

The villian then uses her influence over the king to make things harder on the people and label the heroes as Wanted criminals, captured alive. (Even the princess.)

Since they can't exactly travel around in the open, the last character "Veronica" offers to help them train.

In a remote area for a while... grinding part of the game before end.

OK, the villain ignores the heroes until she realizes that they actually are a problem and then confronts them. After that they have to hide from her. That will definitely work.

However, "grinding part"?

Eventing_Guy

Awesome Bro

Well they get defeated easily so they are gonna need to increase their lvl A LOT in order to win.

(Grinding) - I heard it was someting like "increasing your lvl through lots of time and patience."

It's woven into the story so you can continue the game and won't just be training for this many lvl's / time in one place.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.