Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Musical battle system?! READ! you may find it interesting ^.^

I'm Just turning this into a request thread since tracking down the lost system hasn't turned anything up(after hours of searching, HOURS!).

I have n experimenting with the idea of "Musical RPGs", RPG's centered around music, with systems like that of guitar hero. I want to make a little game to display and test this genre idea but have no eventing or scripting knowledge whatsoever. What I am looking for is...

A script or event system that displays some sort of object, like a guitar neck or keys on a piano ect, that notes can scroll from top to bottom  and must be hit at just the right time(once the note gets to the bottom of the screen before it vanishes into oblivion). For every note you mis you lose points and the music volume is cut in half. For every not you get wrong, you get an error sound and the music is cut in half. Music returns to normal volume upon hitting the right note. If possible, the ability to set each note to the beat of the song so as to eliminate hitting random buttons in orders that don't even flow with the song. If possible.

Now hers the extra part, the part that really doesn't HAVE to be done but i someone wants to do it then that would be amazing! Converting the above system into a battle system.
How this would work is this...

Characters take turns "attacking", lets say theres two characters. character A has three spells. Fire blast, Ice blast and um...Flaming plushy of impending doom and all manor of bad things hapening-nes. Anyways player A selects one spell t teh beginning of the battle. Once the battle begines the song starts. Player A plays about eh..10 seconds or so of the song(little bar moves to show when your time ends, eds when full)
And then BAM! You cast your selected spell. Then while you are waiting for player B to finish their turn, you can select the next spell to use. this is just a rough idea for now. If anyone could do this or at least just the first BASIC part of this it would be really great cause I'm just itching to start on this mini project, but I really don't want to waste the time making graphix(which wont take me too long) if I cant finish the project.

If only the top is made then the player would gain XP depending on how good they performed. The more xp you have the more people like you. EX, being let into certain areas, discounts on things ect

Other ideas are certain Instruments(weapons) help you. EX, slowing down the song, a few less notes, % chance to correct missed note, double your score, cut -points in half ect...or if with battle system things added like extra damage or % chance to reflect attacks...ect.

Thanx for reading, at least let me know what you think of the idea. ^.^

Cool Idea!  Check out the battle system description here: http://www.rmxp.org/forums/http://dev.r ... 92#p392592

Just so you're aware, RPG maker wasn't designed for this type of system. I can be done, but it's a lot of work.
So don't be too disheartened if you don't get someone to do this right away. If you've really got your heart set on the system, your best bet might be to start learning RGSS. You'll have a lot more luck getting people to help you with bits & pieces than finding someone to do it all for you.

Good luck with it.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.