Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Multipule Enemy Actions in One Turn

For a project I'm making, all of the bosses are a little easy, so I want to make them harder by making them take multipule actions in one turn, like in FFIII. For example:
Cerberus attacks three times in a turn; He can cast Blizzaga, Firaga, Thundara, or physically attack.
Garuda attacks twice in a turn; he can either attack or use lightning.
The Cloud of Darkness attacks four times in a turn; she can attack, use lightning, use Bad Breath, or use Particle Beam; while her tentacles can use one of her turns to cast haste, shell, or protect.

I need a script that can let me tell which enemies can attack more than once, and how many times they can.

Verzen

Yes you can, however, its not in "common events" that you want.
Let me explain, go to the monster data base and go to group monsters, (or "troops') then go to Condition turn 1x (make sure it is 1x. That means it will happan EVERY turn and not the first turn. If it was 2x, it would happan every OTHER turn. 3x, once every THIRD turn in the sequance etc etc. If it is just turn 1, 2, or 3... then it happens on that single TURN and wont happen again.)
Then go to Span and select "Turn"
then head down to the events box and select Force Action on the last page.
Enemy (enemy you want)
Action (what type of attack you want)
Action target (Last attacked target or a random one)
and go to Execute now (to execute immediantly, or the next turn. Go to Execute now though.

And there you have it. NO scripting involved.

EDIT:
However, it WILL replace your random action, so what you should do is place two force actions in the box. They will attack twice, not three times.

Okay, thanks! That looks a lot easier than a script, anyway. But how would I imitate the Cloud of Darkness's tentacles?

Edit: to make action random, I would use a random variable and conditional branches.

What I meant by a common event is that he could call it using the skill, so he didn't have to make events in every battle of the Database... well... but since it works one way or another... it's okay...

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.