Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Multiple of Same Actor?

I'm looking for a script that simply allows you to have more than 1 of an actor. For example, let's say you have an actor named  "Soldier"and you want to have 5 Soldiers. By default, you can only have 1 copy of the actor. I need a script to make it so you can have unique copies of the same actor.

Thanks to anyone who can do this or direct me to an existing script.

tuti05

it took me a while to figure it out when i first tried it, i think it was the way i name the character that was messing me up. try out the demo and see exactly how formar set it up

tuti05":1qj2oowl said:
it took me a while to figure it out when i first tried it, i think it was the way i name the character that was messing me up. try out the demo and see exactly how formar set it up

It's Fomar there's just one r.

@kaze - When you say it didn't seem to work what do you mean? I might be able to help if you just don't understand how it works.

Sorry for the slow reply, I forgot to subscribe to this topic and I don't check here all that regularly.

Here's another demo
http://www.tocks.co.uk/Creature_Scripts.zip

I've slightly changed it to show you how to use events to make multiple copies.

The party change event which you use to add still works the same, and you can't have more than one copy of the first party member (due to laziness on my part), you can have two of Basil, Cyrus etc just not Aluxes. It isn't how you create more party members, it just adds ones you have made.
However it probably won't help you enough. If you told me more about your systems and gameplay I could probably do more.
For example do you have a party switching script if so I could adapt it so that when you make another copy it adds them to the reserve team.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.