Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Multiplayer Script

Is there by chance a multiplayer script. Not online but like sharing a keyboard/Using controllers. I would also like to know if there is a way to make the player drop in and drop out. I would appreciate the help.

You know, I've looked for this for longer than you'd imagine, but still, people here seem to be so reluctant to try anything new aside from the basics, you probably won't find what you're looking for.

If you're as eager to make a multiplayer game as I am, then you might consider just eventing it, or learning to script and save countless lives by actually making this request for the seemingly endless waves of .org users who have requested it.

If you use events, you're pretty much stuck with one inventory, no real battle system, and no equipable armor or weapons for the second player. You might end up with a decent way of using two actors as players 1 and 2, but random battles would be difficult, especially since player 2 can't control their character during the fight. If you DO get something figured out, please let me know. I'd be thrilled to see something come from this.

And good luck!

Oh...well. I'm using the conditional Branch to control player 2, But if I were to use a script to make player one's keys different would that by chance change Player two's movement as well?

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.