Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Moving HP/SP bars

VCA

For RPG Maker XP

I been wondering if there a script that makes the HP/SP bar drop or rise including the numbers like in pokemon games. if there is one please tell me. Sorry i couldn't explain more but if anyone want me the explain better just answer me here. Thanx

Yes Please, explain better. Some of us have never played Pokey-Man, and some of us don't want to. :scruff:

HINT: a picture is worth "an undetermined quantity" of words. (depending on the quality of the picture.)

I know what he's on about.
In pokemon games, the HP bar is above the value in classical style, ie:
(_______)
120/120

The bar has a line upon it, representing current health. That bar goes down as the character loses health, and the value beneath it reduces as per classic RPG rules.
Screenie:
pokemon-emerald-2(1).jpg

Also, wouldn't this stuff be in the basic pokemon scripts that can be found with a li'l searching?

VCA

Thanks i'll search for it.
But for the records the HP thing i was talking about goes something like this......
Say your drinking a glass of water with a straw, as you drink the water starts to go down

l----------l
l-^^^^^-l <-----From here to
l'''''''''''''''''''''''l
l-^^^^^-l <----- here
l_________l

This is a cup (Sorry for the crappy art)

like that but that motion as its goes down as well as it rises.
I hope anyone got that.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.