Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Moving faster and over different terrain

GEXROX

Hi, I want to add the element to my game of being able to ride a creature like a Bird or a Bull, I wanted to be able to call a creature to you (i know how to do that) and be able to ride it, but what I want to know is how to change how fast the player moves, and how to control what type of terrain they can pass over. Can anyone help?

Well.... To edit how fast your going just put in the event that makes it so when you get on the object (Animal, Vehicle, Whatever) it makes you move faster. You can do this by putting a move path command in the event that states,

Hero
Movement Speed Increase

That's about it! No script is needed.

Oh and to slow him back down put in the revers of what I just told you in the event that's used when your getting off of the object. As for the terrian THAT might need a script. Any way glad to help with what I could.
(I love helping people lol!)

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.