Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Moving Character Temporarily With Mouse (No Click)

*sigh*
I've tried to make it so other mouse scripts work with this but have had no luck. Basically, I'm creating my own battle system with events...and I thought it would be cool to have it so temporarily you can move the character with the mouse. But at one time I only want you to be able to move left and right, and then at another time I want it so you can move up and down. The battle system is played on a map, so think like that. I need your character to follow the mouses X position (in pixels if possible, I'm using f0tz's pixel movement script) for one part, so you move left and right. Then I need it so you can move up and down ( player follows mouse's y position). Because I need only X and Y at separate times there will be no need for diagonal movement in battle...
Also, I don't want you to have to click for it to follow. Just once I call this section of the script, for it to follow x or y.
Another thing, it would be awesome if a switch was turned on when left click is pressed or and another switch for right click being pressed...or at least make it so when the clicking happens I can make something happen with events.

If its hard to understand what I'm asking for, just post on what I need to clarify on and I'll be happy to ^_^. Thanks for you time reading this and time spent trying to figure this out with me. :D

EDIT: BTW it is preferable if its a demo as I am HORRIBLE at installing scripts :P I know nothing of ruby ^^

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.