Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Morrowind type script

I need a lot of help with this one and if anyone can help that would be greatful. I need a script that shows an equipment screen like it does in morrowind, or WoW, or something like that. Please help and thank you.

You may wanna say 'Daggerfall'. ;) At least that equip window's static. :D

Basically, the real visual feature of the Elder Scrolls equipment screens (for Arena, Daggerfall, Morrowwind and Oblivion) is that you see the hero on the left side of the screen and as gear is equipped, you see the hero with the equipped gear.Haven't played WOW so I can't confirm ITS window.

If he has a sword equipped, the sword will be visible in his hand. If he has mythril plate armor equipped, the pic will show him wearing the mythril plate armor.

Here's one attempt available for use...
Battler Graphic in Status Screen, updated by equipped armory
http://hometown.aol.com/Der%20VVulfman/ ... s/DEMO.PNG[/IMG]http://hometown.aol.com/Der%20VVulfman/Files/RMXP/RMXP-ORG/Forum_Icons/FORUMS.PNG[/IMG]
by Duke Igthorn (02-01-2007)
Custom Menu Add-Ons / Audio/Video Enhancements / Equipment Related
The basic idea was to have the Battler graphic in status screen showing up, instead of the walking sprite or the face. And I wanted the graphic to update if the actor has a weapon/armor/shield equipped. Further I wanted this update to be specific to the kind of weapon/armor/shield to make the graphic most fitting to the actual equipped stuff. I left accessories and helmets out, but they can be easily added if required.

Unfortunately I have absolutely no idea how the standard battlesystem calls the battler graphic so I wasn't able to incorporate this in the battlesystem as well...​

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.