Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

More choices than "Show Choice"

Redman

Sponsor

Hey there guys!
I actually searched for something like this but I had absolutely no idea what to type in. This isn't a message system but something similar. If there is already something very similar to my request, please excuse me and link it here ;) Thanks!

Script Title:
More Choices!
RMXP or RMVX:
XP
Detailed Description:
So... As my first request wasn't so sucsessful I decided to ask for something else but indead quite similar.
Normally you only have 4 diffrent choices when activating "Show Choice" and the letters per choice you can use to type are limited.
Now I'd like to have a script that allows me to use at least 8-10 different choices with a little more than only a few letters per choice.
e.g. I want to type "Tell me about those rumours..."

It would be great if the choice whindow would be justifiable (center - right - left) and would habe an intelligent size (does this exist the way I
worte it? :D) so that the window adjustes itself to the choices I typed in.
e.g.: just a small witdh when the choice is "Tell me more!"
and a much lager window with something like this: "Nice. I'd like to help you with that. Tell me more."

The choice window should be the only window on screen an after chosing one choice the message window should appear.
First the choice-window -> choice done -> choice-window fades away and message window apperars -> message completed -> message-window disappears -> choice-window appears again...

Screen shots:
N/A (when really needed I will make one!)

Other Scripts I am using (in order):
I do NOT use the SDK or something like that.
The only script that could be relevant here is the UMS by the amazing Ccoa (I'm not sure if I'm allowed to post it here...)

I am very sorry for my English - which is obviously not the best.
But anyway I try to answer every question as good as I can and I hope that my request is clear enough for some of you willing to help me.

Thanks so much in advance!

Greetings,
~Red

Redman

Sponsor

I'm sorry - I know that three days from my last bump aren't over yet but I modified my request to a wholly new one.

I just would like to have a scipt that gives me more choices than "Show Choice" now.
Could this be possible? I hope so! ;)

Thanks in advance.

Hoping for some answers,
~Red

Redman

Sponsor

yes it is but it's linked to a message window or lookes kind of weird when standing alone.
And - in my version - it is limited to just 4 choices and a few letters per choice.

that's why I'm asking for something similiar - as I said - but in design a little bit different ^^
- hope, this was understandable...

~Red

Redman

Sponsor

Come on, guys... Someone out there is surly able to help me, right?
Even if there's already a script that's very like my request, please let me know and help me finding it.

Bump.

Redman

Sponsor

Uhm... well - that's what obvious, yes.
But I hate this switching between different choice-windows.

When you for example have 10 different choices you need all in all 4 choice-windows - which is
way to much imo. As I have no idea of ruby I don't know if this is even possible -- but I think it
is.

Still waiting for help and bowing for everyone answering me in advance. :grin:

As far as extra choices go, while Ccoa's UMS doesn't make any changes to the interface itself, certain text commands within the choice window allow you to string multiple choices together. You can check documentation for that within the comments at the beginning of the script.
As for choices with extra length? Kain Nobel has already released a script for it, that should still be on the first or second page of the RGSS/RGSS2 scripts.

Redman

Sponsor

That's what I do right now but is so annoying when you - as a player - have to go to "More" for, like 4 times.
Well, seems like I have to keep that method when this isn't possible by script...

Ok then, I'll stop bumping this threat. So when it's gone, it's gone - but maybe there's still someone out there
who's able to help me with this. I hope so.

Anyway, thanks for your answer.

~Red

edit:
Yeah - I found that script aready but is it able to fusion those two aspects?
I'd like to have more letters in each choice and more choices in general.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.