Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

MOg's menus compatibility

Seda

So, I just have a quick question here. I really want to be able to use Moghunter's title screen script; HOWEVER, I am using Mr.Mo's SBABS Lite script. I was wondering if there was any way to make it so that Moghunter's and Mr.Mo's scripts compatible with one another?

Thanks for the help~!

Some scripts have functions that initialize at the start of a new game, as I would imagine that one probably does. I recently added Mog's title screen to my game and found that it overwrote my skills learning system by Charlie Lee. All I had to do though was make sure that the Mog title script was placed before the skills learning script. Check to make sure it's not just a placement error. Or are you getting an error message because of a script conflict?

Seda

Wow... It seems I was just being a Noob... I forgot I needed to move scripts around sometimes to get them to work with each other. Haha! Well then, thank you very much, the help was much appreciated.

Here is some info for those that are trying to figure out how to get the scripts to work with Mr.Mo's ABS.
Put Moghunter's scripts in BEFORE Mr.Mo's scripts. then it will work just fine~!

Some of Moghunter's scripts can be difficult to implement because of compatibility issues. If you're using any custom menu systems it becomes rather difficult if you're really intent on merging the two. I'm currently working on trying to integrate the Mog menus into some custom menus that I'm using, but so far I've really only figured out how to get the lay file and background images to appear, and how to animate the background image.

Seda

Working on my game, I have run into yet another problem with using Moghunter's and Mr.Mo's scripts. Since I am using MR.Mo's SBABS Lite script, I am able to hot key skills. but because of Moghunter's skill menu script, I am unable to equip skills to use... Is there any way to get Moghunter's scripts to work with Mr. Mo's SBABS?

I would imagine that Mr. Mo's SBABS comes with some kind of modification to the default skill menu that allows you to hot key skills in this way. My only guess for how they could be used together would be by merging the two scripts into one. I am not an experienced scripter by any means but I have managed to merge a few scripts before. If you can show me where to find these scripts I can look into it further.

EDIT: Nevermind that, I found them (with much ease actually). After trying these out, I'm wondering if you just have another placement error. I don't think it would be necessary to merge the scripts at all. I placed the Mog skill script before the SBABS script and they seemed to work fine together. All of the skills I hotkeyed were working just fine. If that doesn't work for you, then I would ask if there are any other scripts you're using that modify the scene_skill class.

Seda

Ah, you were right! again it was the order of the scripts. I had to put Moghunter's menu BEFORE the ABS input script. Although, characters have to have a weapon equipped to attack now. But that's okay! That is something I can live without! again, thanks for the help!

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.