Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Modify Actor, Battle System,

I am not specifically requesting scripts, I am more just asking if these scripts already exist, and if they do not, if anyone could give me some help figuring out how to approach them. I have been searching this forum for days and my search function is broken, I seriously can't read anymore search result lists of 100+ pages lol.
EDITED to remove useless info:

Can I modify and extend the capabilities of actor in the database? If so, how should I approach it? I would like to use this to store the various party members that you can possibly have, their stats etc. I will have approximately 400 different possible party members that can be switched out. (more technically, since you will be able to have more than 1 of each type of actor)

Eventing_Guy

Awesome Bro

I have a script that someone made for me...

Code:
#===================================

#Script By: BwdYeti  

#===================================

class Game_Player

def refresh

# Get character name and hue

@character_name = '????'

@character_hue = 0

# Initialize opacity level and blending method

@opacity = 255

@blend_type = 0

end

end

What ever name you change "????" to, it displays that character set. even if it is NOT a battler.

This is an Example...

These are my heroes...
example1p.png

With this script, If I change "????" to "001-Fighter01"
I get this...

example2h.png

Im not sure if this is what you are looking for but I hope it helps.

Edit: I realized this method doesn't work well for what I want.

I want to be able to choose from different sprites for my character, and have him not be in my party.. I am not yet sure how to accomplish that. O well time to hit support lol.

Eventing_Guy

Awesome Bro

dagarath":26it7xz7 said:
Edit: I realized this method doesn't work well for what I want.

I want to be able to choose from different sprites for my character, and have him not be in my party... I am not yet sure how to accomplish that. O well time to hit support lol.

The script is used as a base to LOCK in whatever
character [player] you want as the sprite.

But you can still change the sprite... :grin:

Create an event
> Move event
>> Change graphic [Player]
>>> 002-Fighter02

It will change the walking around character.
without effecting your party members.

EXAMPLE
I start out like this...
example3v.png

and talk to the guy in the middle... who's event is this.
example6.png

so now my character looks like this...
example4l.png

But my party has not changed...
example8.png

So I change to look like the other guy...
example5.png

who's event looks like this...
example7n.png

But my party STILL has not changed...
example9.png

Basically you can change the look of your character ANYTIME you want, without effecting the look of the party...

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.