Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Messaging system

Type of message system:
RMXP
Detailed Description:
Im looking for a script where in the window it can show the player and the party members names. for ex. you have 4 members in your party and you switch out 2 of them, then when an event happens there names will show up instead of a certain typed in name. hopefully someone can understand this or send me a link 2 a script like this.

please n thnk u

Screen shots:
NONE

That will replace \n[1] with the actor's name from the database.

Now, if you need it to replace \n[1] with the name of the first actor in the party...
This will require a monumental scripting effort, and a team of 'super-geniuses'!!

replace line 85 in Window_Message:

Code:
        $game_actors[$1.to_i] != nil ? $game_actors[$1.to_i].name : ""

with

Code:
        $game_party.actors[$1.to_i - 1] != nil ? $game_party.actors[$1.to_i - 1].name : ""

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.