Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Merge Events Script

Script Request Template
This is a request for a new script or revision of an edit or debug of an existing script.

Script Title:
Merge Event Script

RMXP or RMVX:
RPG XP

Detailed Description:
A script that allows an event to run the event comands of another event. Eg. You have complex door and the image for this door is 2 event squares wide, you could replicate the 2nd event to match the 1st but you have use self switches and alot of other intrecate things on the 1st event. So, it would be ideal to have the 2nd event runs the event commands directly from the 1st event. Thus like merging events together to create a larger area of interacting events from the commands from 1 event.

The script would allow merging events using a simple comment.
Eg, Comment: Map:ID= (Number) / Event:Id= (Number) / EventPage:= (Specific Page) or (All Pages)

If there is a script that already does this I couldnt find it. Is this possible?
Screen shots:
No Need

It's possible, but not necessary. Either make a common event that opens both doors, and gets called from either door.
Or in one door, on action button set a switch (not a self-switch), then on the second page open both doors, on the 3rd page show the door open. On the other (slave) door, just set the same switch on action, and have a second page that shows the door open when the switch is on.

Be Well

yeah i realise it is possible. Add to the fact it's only 1 door but thats besides the point, i was just thinking of ways to save time on long winded event commands and thought that this would be a good idea. I mean it might even come have more functions or capabilities with this simple idea. It was just more of a concept.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.