Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Megami Tensei Thread

Which is your top three favorite Megaten game?

• Persona 4

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • P3P

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Persona 3 FES

• Persona 3

• Shin Megami Tensei II

• Shin Megami Tensei III

• Persona

• Persona 2: Innocent Sin

• Persona 2: Eternal Punishment

• Shin Megami Tensei

• Persona 4 Golden

• Digital Devil Saga

• Digital Devil Saga 2

• Devil Survivor

• Devil Survivor: Overclocked

• Devil Survivor 2

• Other (If other, post the game and I'll add it to the pole)

• Total voters
logo.png

I didn't see a Megami Tensei thread, which is absurd! because MegaTen is a great set of games.
For those of you who don't know about the MegaTen games allow me to attempt what I can do to paraphrase it for you:
The MegaTen series is a fairly "catch all" net for smaller series' of jRPG games such as Persona and Devil survivor.
They all share one common principle:
You can use demons to cast magic and skills.
Most of the time, you and your demons level up separately.
Each game expands or changes the battle system in some way and it's a great series!
Each story is beautiful, and has great characters and worlds. The demons are great and provide a lot of fun and strategy for battles.

My personal favorites are:
Persona 3: FES
Devil survivor
Devil survivor 2

I could go onto explain them, but this thread would end up very long.
However I would like to discuss them all here! So please, use this thread to discuss your experience with Shin MegaTen but please keep the spoiling to a minimum!

This was like the coolest looking thing ever when I was in highschool. I never finished it though.
SMT_Nocturne.jpg

Never played Devil Survivor. I have Digital Devil Saga 1, I thought it was really lame. And Persona 4 > Persona 3.

I've yet to play Nocturne, but I've heard great things about it.

I'd suggest Devil survivor if you like grid strategy games. It has a great story too. Devil survivor 2: the animation almost had me in tears, so I recommend that too!
I kinda agree with you in DDS. I'm not that far in though, so my opinion might change. I've also got DDS2, so I'll most likely finish it just so I can play that.
I've really enjoyed Persona 3 (FES) so far, and for me I enjoy it more than P4, but that's cause I've watched P4: The animation and know how it ends.
Shooting yourself in the head to summon demons and making social connections to make said demons stronger seems like something that would resonate with me.
I think the balance between exploring Tartarus, school, social life, increasing your social parameters and the events is hard to do, but I love that it's hard to please every one.

I had bought the regular P3 thinking FES was some kind of sequel. And I refuse to re-buy a game just for some extra features and additional dungeon. When P4 first came out Atlus promised there wouldn't be something like P4 FES or a psp version because they knew people might hold out and wait for re-release a year or two later with additional content. But they lied and came out with P4 the golden anyways.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.