Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Math skill (calculator)

I tried searching for this, but didn't find it... probably was or is posted and i just typed the search wrong for whatever reason

does anyone have, or feel like being nice and making, a Calculator script? Or more technically, a Math Skill script?
Basically, would use skills on those who match certain criteria such as:
Level (might have to add monster's ID to a hash or something)
EXP
Gold
etc...

FFTactics had this job, and several blue mages in final fantasy had skills that worked like this
it only targeted targets (foes and allies) whose level was a multiplier of 3 (3, 6, 9, 12, etc... 99) or 5 (5, 10, 15, etc... 95) and such. Other games have incorperated a simular structure to some skills, a character will KO foes and allies that have the last number of their HP equal to the last number of the partie's gold (monster's HP being 148, Allies HP being 28 and the gold being 18, would be KOd for example, while someon with an HP of 57 wouldn't)
some have had it where if the monster or ally has the same HP as caster, MP, or even level, they would be hit with a spell.

I dont know much about scripts but, I imagine this can all be done using variables..somewhere theres a Tutorial on using many variables as one. use a conditional branch..I dont know maybe a script would be better.. good luck.

You could use common events and a variables, but that would be a mega pain, but in any case you can use Trickster' s advanced targeting system script: http://www.rmxp.org/forums/showthread.php?t=8633 for Level skill. you can search for his script to give monsters levels and you'll be straight on that part.

Targeting based on Int, str (and other Stats), Hp, and SP Might be accomplished through mimicing what was done for level targeting, but if all esle fails you could request Trickster to add those features when he throws out the next version.

FFTactics had this job, and several blue mages in final fantasy had skills that worked like this
it only targeted targets (foes and allies) whose level was a multiplier of 3 (3, 6, 9, 12, etc... 99) or 5 (5, 10, 15, etc... 95) and such. Other games have incorperated a simular structure to some skills, a character will KO foes and allies that have the last number of their HP equal to the last number of the partie's gold (monster's HP being 148, Allies HP being 28 and the gold being 18, would be KOd for example, while someon with an HP of 57 wouldn't)
some have had it where if the monster or ally has the same HP as caster, MP, or even level, they would be hit with a spell.

Like Shadow Lich, stated this can be done by using My Advanced Targetting Script + Another Script that gives enemy levels (For, example Seph's Dynamic Enemies), pretty much everything in the above quote can be added in my script (forgot to mention in the thread you can request stuff like this).

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.