Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Materia-like System

Is there some sytem where you can equip items in your weapon that power it up, I had this sustem in my mind where you put small orbs in weapons so it changes element and stuff.

Like, I have this Windbased Weapon, and I put an special orb in it and it changes to a fire based weapon and gets a powerup, I take the orb out of the weapon and it's back normal...You have an orb an put it in, and you weapon can poison the enemy, and every weapons has three slots, and the last equipped gets high priority:
Fire with +5 dmg/Water with poison/Thunder with +5 dmg becomes a weapon with +10 dmg, poisoned and thunderpowered.

It should be editable from a materia code I saw once.

I could do something like this. It shouldn't be too hard at all.

But I will make the number of items equipment can hold customizable, as that's what I do.

Give me a week or so, because I am starting/finishing up a FFVIII system.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.