Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Master Cheif is black!!!!

Oh yes as the title implies. It has just been confirmed that Master Cheif is a black guy. Well at least in the Halo movie he is. He is going to be played by the awsome actor Denzel Washington!!! Anyways I figured that this would make for an interesting topic. So lets see what the rmxp community has to say. I for one am shocked. I thought that he would be played by Bruce Willis or something... Lol anyways yeah. Enjoi :D

XD, I'm a fan of HAlo and suprised by Master Chief being black. Thats really cool. but Halo's crack team of marines were all diverese cultures so i'm not that shocked, just a little suprised.

Who thinks Denzel Washington was the right choice as Master Chief?

I don't see how it matters- unless in the games he was portrayed differently. People are people, especially in a war against aliens, color doesn't matter.

TREG said:
I always knew Chief was a brotha.

:D Lol that has to be one of the funniest things I've heard in my life. But yeah my brother thinks that micrsoft is gonna go broke because of this. Lol he's crazy. I think the movies gonna be good because of Denzel....what do you guys think???

I do think that he is a very good actor, so I think that there's a chance he could really do a great job. Although, I am not a fan of the Halo games and have never played them (aside from a few rounds of multiplayer with a friend), and don't know what to expect from the film.

I'm not sure Denzel is really right for the part. Denzel seems more like an outspoken kind of guy, whereas Chief is more of a keep-to-myself kind of guy... still, I was thinking they were probably going to get Vin Diesel for the part, so at least Master Chief will have a decent actor now.

BusterSword777 said:
I'm not sure Denzel is really right for the part. Denzel seems more like an outspoken kind of guy, whereas Chief is more of a keep-to-myself kind of guy... still, I was thinking they were probably going to get Vin Diesel for the part, so at least Master Chief will have a decent actor now.

Ever wathched Man On Fire? Denzel can be a "keep-to-myself kind of guy"

Thats not the problem. I don't think anyone should play Master Chief. The whole thing about him is we don't know who he is... Plus Denzel doesn't have that look I think Master Chief would have.

Denzel is a good actor tho, so we'll see how it goes.

Shark_Tooth said:
Ever wathched Man On Fire? Denzel can be a "keep-to-myself kind of guy"

Thats not the problem. I don't think anyone should play Master Chief. The whole thing about him is we don't know who he is... Plus Denzel doesn't have that look I think Master Chief would have.

Denzel is a good actor tho, so we'll see how it goes.

Damn straight. Man on fire is the best movie I've seen him in. He owned that like a pimp owns hoes. Lol so I think he's gonna be perfect for the part. Vin??? yeah he would be good. but if they wanted to make a sequel or something he would want to much money. Then all of a sudden Master Cheif goes from being a white or whatever the hell Vin is to a black man. Lol and that'd just suck. So Denzel you rule. Kick ass actor. Gonna own Halo the movie. But the movie might suck. Game movies tend to suck ass. Horribly. Its not even funny how bad they suck. Case in point take Doom, and the crappy ass DOA movie coming out. Pure crap. Pure crap. -_- SoooOOOoo only time will tell. :lol:

Never seen Man On Fire (At least, I don't think I have; I forget a lot of movie titles) but I guess I'll have to now, eh?

Hmmm...isn't Master Chief supposed to be pale white? I dunno, my friend said he was, it said so in the novels...so he says...

DopplegangerSora said:
Hmmm...isn't Master Chief supposed to be pale white? I dunno, my friend said he was, it said so in the novels...so he says...
True, but look at Resident Evil. The novel and game (The first, I haven't read the other RE novels, so I can't say anything about them) were virtually exactly the same (I think so, at least, I wasn't playing the game and reading the novel at the same time, so they were probably different in a lot of small ways). Then the movie came out and was completely different. Not only were the two main characters not even introduced until the second movie, but the storyline revolved around a completely new character and Tyrant didn't even make a single appearance (This thoroughly pissed me off, btw).
I'm not saying that they're going to make the Halo movie completely different, just that Hollywood has a tendency to do things their way and their way only.

But he's Denzel so I think he's gonna do great. Lol ^_^ but yeah Vin probably would've worked as well, but he just wants to much money. So out with him and in with Denzel. Lol ^_^

You guys do realize that Master Chief isn't even human right? So theoretically he wouldn't be black or white or asian or whatever. He's a damn Spartan.

btw. ARNOLD 4 LYF.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.