Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Mario and luigi, superstar saga script

First of all, I am aware that other people have requested this script.

But no one made a detailed request for the game so I am trying to make a good request.

First: what is the superstar battle system anyway?

Well, it's a system that uses timed button pushing to deal more damage on an enemy.

Some of you might ask: How?
well, since it's a mario game, when mario jumps, right before he hits the enemy, you hit a key. If this key hit is sucsessfull, the damage will be great.

But if you fail, your damage will be very low.
If you still don't understand, maby This video will help you will help you:
http://tinyurl.com/2kbojl
As you can see in the video, Every attack did 2 damage, If he diddin't press A button right when mario touched the enemy, it would have done about 1 damage.

So, If that doesin't explain compleatly, then this video will show what happens when you miss

http://tinyurl.com/2pcmw4This vid will show what happens when you miss the button. If you look carefully, the damage is one sometiomes and mario/luigi stumbles.

Now, the most important step to this game is bros. attacks. it's where you press buttons at the right time in the right order. There are also different levels with the bros. attacks, where level 1 is with slow motion, level 2 is without slow motion and level 3 is without icons. sucsess at different levels will lead to more damage. I can't find a video about this but I found a screen with it in it:
http://media.gameboy.ign.com/media/550/550433/img_1863869.html
In this screen, the green arara around luigi states you have to hit b here.

Also, bros. attacks take up bros. points, and the lower the level youre doing it on, the more bros. points it will take! Lastly, in the above video's, you will see that you can also defend againsed enemy attacks, Whitch is also very important for the script.

Well, that's my description for now, if someone thinks I missed a detail, tell me and I will put that in.

Someone, PLEASE make this script, I really want it!

And if you are making it, tell me so I am aware

thanks!

You are looking at the world's 456,789,789th worst scripter (because I am better than people who don't have the program :P)

I do it with the animations and attacks. I believe there's a ring menu, like the one in M&L:SS battles. Also there are so many sprites that you can paste together to make the battle animations work. Also you can do things with In-Battle events that help add a marioisk effect on the battles. Try it out, it may work for ya ;)

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.