Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Making a game trailer

Okay, so, I'm looking for a way to record clips from my game. I have no idea how to go about doing this. Does anyone know? Cause I want to do it. I already have a program for making the video, I just need a way to pull the clips out so I can put them in the video.

I have seen alot of programs that can do this (cant remmeber the names) but, the ones that are free either record in .AVI (huge format) or they have their name plastered across the screen.
In my experience, itis easier to just make the trailer in RMXP, then encrypt it. You can do alot using the pictures and what not. Plus it wil only be like 2-6 mg's if you encrypt and then Zip it.
you can click my sig (Raven Faelynn) and watch my teaser, it was made just using rmxp, just so you can see that people do, do it that way ^^,

hmm...well, recording in avi format wouldn't be a big deal, as I'm going to be changing it to wmv or mpg afterwards, which are (usually) smaller formats...

I really like HyperCam; you may want to check it out. It's a free recording app that allows you to select parts of the screen to record, so you could record just your game, or your game and another window, and etcetera. As well, you can adjust via slider the quality of the recording in case your computer can't handle a high-quality one.

Cool, can you tell me where to get it?

EDIT: Nvm, I tried it. It makes my comp lag, and it puts an "unregistered hypercam" symbol on the top right corner...

Yeah, you have to run it just the right way to get it to work...besides, Fraps leaves a little thing that says "unregistered fraps" or something like that...or at least it used to.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.