Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Looking for opinions.

Rye

Um, I just wanted some opinions (critiques or whatever) on my latest picture.

http://img145.imageshack.us/img145/5992/angeleyes0vx.jpg[/IMG]

Firstly, the type. I understand it's trying to be unobtrusive but its still too hard to read. And the font itself is too uniform. I'd drop shadow on the font or something else to make it pop out a little more, but at the same time change the font type to something that flows a little better with the clouds. You may even want to consider writing it by hand.
As for the angel thign at the bottom, you might want to imply the creases on the side fo the mouth with shading instead of lines, because it makes the mouth look a little odd. Your eyes are wel rendered as are the folds, but the hair looks conparitvely simplistic. Id work on making highlights and lowlights of more individual strands. I can tell this is a girl, but you might want to deepen the hue of the lips so other people are more certain.

Rye said:
thanks, but it's a boy.
lol

I like it a lot. The guy looks very professionally drawn/colored. In fact, you've got to show me how to color stuff like that (I'm completely clueless).

The color of the font is fine to me, just needs to be bigger. Also I really hate the expression. It doesn't seem dead enough. And the lips needs more work.

Rye

In fact, you've got to show me how to color stuff like that (I'm completely clueless).

Show you how to color things like that? Ummm... this only works if you have photoshop and have my coloring skills with my tablet. I really don't know how to explain how I do most of that, so sorry!

Also I really hate the expression. It doesn't seem dead enough. And the lips needs more work.

Since when was he dead? O.o;;; I know the lips need more work, that's the hardest part of people for me to do. The expression I never enjoyed too much either, I couldn't get it to work how I wanted it to.

Rye said:
Show you how to color things like that? Ummm... this only works if you have photoshop and have my coloring skills with my tablet. I really don't know how to explain how I do most of that, so sorry!
I was mostly kidding, since I can just look up a tutorial or something later... I have Photoshop, though, but I don't know what you mean by coloring skills with your tablet... are you saying you actually color them by yourself before you scan them? O.o

rexxz said:
The composition is terrible and completely unfocused and out of balance.

rexxz has a point no matter how bluntly stated. Given that the guy is at the bottom, most lines in the picture should lead directly to him (the assumed center of interest [or focal point, or whatever] ) yet they lead back and forth, ending in the middle of the picture. If you were to crop it so just the part showing the two white lines (which I assume are wings, but I don't really know) and below is viewable, it would make more sense.

But then again, you could just not be using it for a reason along the lines of straight composition, in which case these criticisms would be moot and pointless.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.