Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Looking for Non-Tile based movement and 8-Directional movement and sprite scripts.

Sorry I'm n00b (apparently I signed up for this place a while back but I JUST bought RPG Maker XP lol). I don't know if I'm asking in the right place.

Anyways I'm looking for a script that kills the tile based movement and makes it more free like Chrono Trigger or Mario & Luigi and a million other non-tile based RPGs. Also to go with it (work with it 'cause I don't know scripting) an 8 directional movement and sprite script. So the sprites have their normal up, down, left and right PLUS the diagonal sprites.

Please help. Thanks.

G-man;251142 said:
Oh god I answered this 4 u on CA lol

I still can't find it lol... I guess I'm blind.

EDIT: I found the 8-Directional Movement. Now I'm trying to find the script that makes the movement non-tile based. Then I guess I've got to use my zero knowledge to try to mix these two scripts. :P

EDIT: FOund a pixel movement script but I cannot for the life of me get it working.

EDIT III: I have both but they don't seem to be compatible. Are there any compatible versions of these functions out there or am I going to have to beg someone to make one for me. lol

Hmmmm I can't get the 8 directional character sprites working for the one by f0tz!baerchen. I can get everything else working but the 8 sprite directions (I can walk diagonal but I can't get my sprite to change accordingly).

Am I missing something?

At the end of the script, you can change the settings, find this line:

Code:
# Number of the directions (4/8):
$pixelmovement.direction_number = 4
and change it to
Code:
# Number of the directions (4/8):
$pixelmovement.direction_number = 8

Side note: There are also quite a few other changes that can be made as well.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.