Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Looking for an AMS that uses face, but doesn't waste text space on code

Yeah I'm looking for an AMS, but, here's my problem.

I tried to use DubeAlex's AMS R4, but everytime you wanna add a face to the message, you have to write /f[filename] (or /face[filename]). Even if I make the filenames as small as possible, the pieces of code waste valuable space on the message box, and it shows weird empty spaces where the code is put.

Is there any way to solve this? Do I need a whole different script? Or is there a simple trick to solve it and am I overlooking something? Please help me out if you can.

Isn't it obvious? Advance Message System... A script that gives alot more options to messages, like adding name boxes, changing text color, wait times, changing text box size, and adding faces. But for each and every option you need to type down a sentence worth of code, which takes up textbox space. I need a solution for that.

I thought this one was the UMS:
http://www.rpgrevolution.com/forums/ind ... topic=7692
Download the demo, and figure everything yourself.

Brief instructions:
You can use ccoa's UMS to display faces in your messages
with a script:
$game_system.face_graphic = "Your face"
or a short cut
\face[Your face]

You can also alter your face's positions.

$game_system.face_graphic_position =
ABOVE
face above message box

BOTTOM
face aligned with the bottom.

SIDE
Shifts the face out of the message box to the side.
to make this function work, you must move the message box with having this in your box: \j

CENTER
back to normal.

Download the demo for more functions and instructions.
         ~Pokemin

Note: if you ever want to remove the face in your message box use: \face[]

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.