Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Looking for a very simplistic-type day/night system

I've looked for a really long time, and all the time systems available are way too... needlessly complicated for my taste.
All I want is a system where after X minutes, the screen tint changes to a nighttime effect, then after X minutes, the screen goes back to default screen tint. Also, a way to tell the system that you're inside a building so that it will go to default screen tint regardless of whether it's day or night and stop time, and when you go back outside it will be whatever time it was when you entered.
-I want to be able to freeze time when in certain maps. Like in Ocarina of Time, when you went off the field map, time didn't keep moving. Then when you go back to the field, time resumes.
-When nighttime, I want there to be a switch or something that lets events do certain things but only when it's nighttime. The best example I can think of is that when it's night in towns in Zelda, the townspeople are inside their houses while the different people show up outside.
Thank you!

I realise its a script you were looking for, but my Event based Dynamic Time system does everything you asked for. The freezing of time can happen with a simple switch pull. It changes screen tone when inside. It differenciates between Night and Day, and when its Night, a switch is pulled- by having this as the condition for a page on your events you can make shops close and people change locations.
http://www.rmxp.org/forums/showthread.php?t=14739 if you're bothered. Sorry I can't help more if you're not.

EDIT: Hang-on; you've already posted in my DTS topic! Hehe...oopsies...

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.