Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Looking for a character morphing/transforming script.

In my game, several characters will be able to take on some sort of alternate form, like a dragon, demon, or maybe just a change in stance, etc. I'm looking for a script that can help with this.

What I'm looking for precisely is to be able to define skills which when used will remove the user from your party and replace them with another actor representing their alternate form. if possible, it would be a plus to be able to specify a frame in the skill's animation at which the switch occurs, but if that's not possible or too difficult, then switching at the end of the animation would be good enough.

Or if it would be easier (I don't know much about RGSS, so I don't know how difficult any of the stuff I'm asking for would be), then perhaps an even better way would be to be able to call the switch from an event command. I'm not very picky really, just so long as the switch gets done, and I'm able to play an animation before it does. So if defining skills to perform a switch after or some time during their animation would be easier, then that's great; or if defining a script command to perform the switch (in which case I'd be able to adjust the timing myself and so the animation check won't be necessary) would be easier, then that's great too.

I'm not worried about characters automatically returning to their normal form after battle, in fact that's exactly what I don't want, so simply leaving it alone would be good, though if possible I'd like to be able to specify certain forms that will or will not return to normal at the end of battle. Again though, if this is too much to ask for, then just leave no one automatically returning to normal.

Also, I'd need the normal and alternate forms to level up together, and I'd like for their percentages of HP and MP to be the same. So If a character normally has 1000 maximum HP and 750 currently, then when he transforms and his max HP changes to 1200, his current HP should be 900. etc.

Thanks a lot for reading my request, and thank you in advance to anyone willing to do this for me. :grin:

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.