Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Lock actor graphic

I am looking for a small script that you can run by calling it in a event that will find the name of your actor graphic and keep it so when more actors are added or the actor is taken out of the team... the character graphic is still the same throughout the whole game. will someone please make something like this?

All you really have to do is make all of the default actors with the same actor sprite. Unless you want to change them partway thru, then you just have to use the Change Actor Graphic event command. (In RMXP, it is on page 3, and unless you set both, one of them will be changed to a blank, empty graphic. In RMVX, it is on page 3, under System Settings. The same rules apply regarding setting both graphics)

I wish but that wont work... im using netplay you make ur own char... then when you add a char to ur party the actor graphic changes to the party member you add... there has to be some sorta script to fix this? Or it shouldnt be too hard to make should it? I just know almost nothing about RGSS.

jcsnider":75t1za1b said:
I wish but that wont work... im using netplay you make ur own char... then when you add a char to ur party the actor graphic changes to the party member you add... there has to be some sorta script to fix this? Or it shouldnt be too hard to make should it? I just know almost nothing about RGSS.

Well, that explains sime things that should have been mentioned in the first post.

1. You are using RMXP.
2. You are using Netplay
3. Netplay creates custom actor graphics
4. You need an edit of that script to make it so that new actors in the party don't change the party graphic.
5. I can't help you, because I don't work with netplay.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.