Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Location fix script

Hi. What I am looking for is a script that when called fixes the location of the player so that they cant move like the direction fix event but with the location of the player not direction. Thanks.

It's already there, it's just kind of obfuscated...

Set the "Move Route" for the player to "Move Toward Player". He'll be frozen.

To unset it, set the Move Route without any movement commands.

Zeriab

Sponsor

Oh, I didn't notice you had made a post >_>

The player cannot move while standing on an impassable tile, but the player will look around if you try to move.
This is just if you want another way of freezing the player.

Thanks Brewmeister that really helps but do you know of a way to make one event move to another if the event that is being moved to has moved? And how to move twards it one step at a time so a variable can be added?

There are several ways you could attack that one. (common event that tracks event1's position & moves event2 in that direction, a pathfinding script, a script to implement a "Move Toward / Approach Event" movement command, or just choreographing your scene if it's a cutscene.)

Can you explain what it is your are trying to achieve in the game? Rather than ask how to implement a technical solution, state the problem in non-technical terms. e.g. "I'm making a cutscene, and I need the squire to follow the knight when he moves around."

It would be much easier to recommend the appropriate solution if we understand what it is you're trying to do.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.