Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Little Itty Bitty Unarmed Battler Change Script

Geez, I am requesting a lot from you guys this past week, and I've nothing to give in return just yet. I promise I've got something good coming up (and it WILL be completed! ;) )

So, I had this problem before where I couldn't figure out how to get the battlers to change weapons based on the weapon equipped because having the else in the conditionals in a common event would cause it to lag. Getting rid of the 'else' statements in the conditionals in the common events caused the lag from it to disappear. Yay! Except for one thing: I can't make the battler change when the person is unarmed. Darn.

So what I'd like to do is ask if anyone could show me how I'd code this out. Basically, all I need is the if statement, which I imagine would go something like "if actor 1 has no weapon equipped". Then I'd put that into my common event and have it change it to an unarmed battler.

Any ideas?

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.