Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Limit Breaker for Levels, Hp, Sp, Money for XP-help please

Does anyone have a good non-bug limit breaker for levels, hp, sp, money, ect for XP? I really need one bad for my game.

Thanks in advance.

mawk

Sponsor

It might be more practical to just lower all the values in your game by one or two powers of ten. an enemy with one million HP isn't any more impressive than an enemy with ten thousand, and the balance is much more important than the actual values.

Well excuse me if I'm worng but I need this script. Don't judge my request so quickly. You don't even know how long nor what my game is about. The script is needed and if it was not I would have never asked.

mawk

Sponsor

no need to be defensive, rootbeer; I just don't understand why one hundred million is so much better than one hundred thousand. besides, if you take this sort of tone with people in a request thread, others may not be so eager to take you up on it.

I just feel as if you are being to quick to judge my needs for my project. I know and understand how I want my system to work. I see you mention 100,000 hp. In the system it only goes up to 99,999 for an enemy and 9,999 for a playable character. Well I need values higher then that. I do have each party balance and the enemies as well to a certain point. I do however need this script.

I think something like this was already made. Look it up, it should be there.
Then again I could be wrong... but I think I heard this before.

By the way you ARE coming off very elitist... not a good thing when your requesting help.

Ok. I've looked around a few threads and could not find it. Maybe I over looked it.

How am I coming off elitist? I don't need someone to tell me what my game does and does not need. I know how I want my game to be like and how the system works. Someone may not understand why I need this but I do understand why I need this. Is this how new members are treated here?

ROOTBEER22":elgp19cw said:
Ok. I've looked around a few threads and could not find it. Maybe I over looked it.

How am I coming off elitist? I don't need someone to tell me what my game does and does not need. I know how I want my game to be like and how the system works. Someone may not understand why I need this but I do understand why I need this. Is this how new members are treated here?

Honestly, the problem wasn't you rejecting the advice, it was what you said when you did it. There are better ways to word things, and you've got to think about how something might sound when you have no facial expressions or vocal tones added on. (For example, online the term "thanks a lot" usually sounds more sarcastic than irl, at least to me, while "thanks so much!" sounds more sincere) Also, althugh I don't want to force anything on you, I would like to know what would compell you to need more than the maximum amount of HP, SP, etc. (I can understand money, although I'm sure the limit is actually rather high, because Japanese yen is about 100 to the us dollar, and the program was made in Japan) Also, if this is a request, I should be able to script you a limit breaker, but you won't be able to edit the stats in the database once you add the script.

ROOTBEER22":1p9otmxc said:
I need this because my game is very long and it will have around 900-999 enemies in the game maybe even more then that once I'm finished. The game is much longer then the averge game.

Well, that makes sense. (At least it does if you mean NPC enemies, or that that many different monsters, instead of random battles) So, what do you want the new limits to be? Also, what do you want the new limits on? I already know you want HP, SP, levels and money. Do you also want it on the other stats? Finally, do you want to define each stat for every level, or every couple of levels. (And if every couple of levels, what level multple will it be, like every other, every 5th, etc)

ROOTBEER22":gis0uguj said:
Well I want all of the characters to start at level 1. Yes I need increases in all of the stats. I want the stats to be define for each level.

What did you want the new maximums to be? Otherwise, the player could grind until they hit an undefined area, and then the game crashes.

Ok thanks on that part you are correct. After I push in 99,999 I have to use the arrow keys to go up. But I still need to go higher then 999,999.

Do not double post. Edit your post instead. -Dargor

EDIT
Glitchfinder":31h16ndp said:
ROOTBEER22":31h16ndp said:
Well I want all of the characters to start at level 1. Yes I need increases in all of the stats. I want the stats to be define for each level.

What did you want the new maximums to be? Otherwise, the player could grind until they hit an undefined area, and then the game crashes.

Yeah I found a limit breaker srcipt a few weeks ago that was a bug and my game crashed.

I want the maxium level to be 500. The maxium hp for a playable character to be 1,000,000. The max hp for a enemy to be 20,000,000. the max sp to be 200,000.

Thank you in advance!

What about the rest of the stats? Their current maximum varies, so I need to know what new maximum you wanted. (The stats are STR, DEX, AGI, and INT) Also, what do you want the max enemy stats to be? (SP, STR, DEX, AGI, INT, ATK, PDEF, MDEF, and EVA)

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.