Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Limit Break (DVV's) Bugs and Errors - Better Limitbreak Value Storing

The original script is in this thread:  http://www.rmxp.org/forums/index.php?topic=12131.0

Ahhh, yes, the infamous "hit and run" method of script "support"!  :)

Looks like when you change your active party members, they lose however much was stored up in their limitbreak value!  Gee whiz, Bullwinkle, do ya think that might be an oversight?  You said it, Rocky! 

The other error is that there doesn't appear to be a way of calling a script from an event to allow you to raise a SPECIFIC character's limitbreak value!  You can only do this based on the character's party index, and if you reference outside of the array then the game crashes!  For a second I thought I was using RPG Maker 2000!  ZIING!  The extra "I" means extra ZING! 

Brainstorming time!  Let's all put our coconuts together and give this one a think, eh?  :3  Happy New Year!

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.