Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Library Script

Okay, in my most recent project there is a library where you can learn about classes and monsters, touch up on your history, or learn about ancient races, and so on. So, here's how I think it should work: When you access the library, it shows a menu saying these things: Skills directory, Monsters Directory, Alurian History, and Ancient language Directory. When you click on the skills directory, it shows Thief, Warrior, Archer, lancer, gunner, fighter, mage, and Cleric. Under each class, it shows three skills. (e.g under Thief, it shows Locksmith, Pillage, and knifework) When you click a skill with the action button, it gives you some details about the skill, then asks if you want to learn the skill. if you choose to learn the skill, it adds that skill to your skills list, and turns it red in the directory. Under monster directory, it gives you details on every monster in the database, including times fought, and times defeated. It also shows the battler of the monster. Alurian history has the names of all the cities, and the race that is predominantly living there. Ancient language directory has the language that the residents of cities you visited spoke. I know it's really complicated, but I hope someone can do this soon. :D

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.