Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Level above 99

Songee

I want to make a game with more than 99 levels. Maybe anyone have a script or can make it and paste it here? I would be grateful. :)

This isn't the right section for this, and besides, anyway, I don't think we will ever see an rmxp game go on long enough to warrant the need for levels breaking the 99 boundary, unless you were planning on using it in a novel way?

Calibre;189180 said:
This isn't the right section for this, and besides, anyway, I don't think we will ever see an rmxp game go on long enough to warrant the need for levels breaking the 99 boundary, unless you were planning on using it in a novel way?

it could possibly work with MMORMXPs if you set the experience params accordingly...

I could see a 999 or limitless level system on an online RPG, while I haven't seen a successful one made yet, it's not impossible. There's plenty of games online that are 2d and horribly done, yet hundreds still play them. A well made, and well managed online RMXP game could be a relatively large success.

For nearly any 1 player game, 99 levels is more than enough. Even if the player maxes their level, it's usually near the end if you did the exp right, and they can enjoy "wtfomgpwning" the final enemies.

-edit
Although if you absolutely have to keep the exp relatively high, and want to extend the levels a bit more, you could add an exp "buying" system, where you can spend exp to raise stats. A simple window with some buttons would do the trick. This way a player can raise their stats using exp, increasing the time it takes to max their level, and allowing them to increase in power just as they would if they leveled to say, 300.

I haven't messed with it, but if possible, you could edit where exp is given to the character, and cut it in half, and have the other half put into a "spending" variable. So not only does the player get 99 levels, they also get 99 levels worth of "buying".

It's not a bad idea though... my RPG has max level 300 since it will be a very long one (the novel itself has passed page 1000 by 38 chapters and is still continuing). KGC once made this; I can post it for you if you need to change your mind...

OK. First, make a new page above Main and paste this code:

script removed

Next, make a new page above Main but after KGC module. This is the main script to break level 99 (sorry for those weird characters; someone posted it long ago at .net didn't have proper encoding to Japanese characters).

script removed

Credit goes to KGC. Enjoy!

EDIT:

In case you didn't notice, I mistyped. You should put KGC Break Lv 99 script after KGC module, not before. Sorry for this.

Please do not post any KGC scripts in this forum, it's against their terms of usage. If you want to show a KGC script, just post a link to it, thanks.
~Raziel

It's settled 'cause the code apparently works. But, to describe why you'd need to break level 99. What about Pokemon Games, which go to 100 (yes only 1 up, I know) But, it would break the tradition if you didn't have 100 levels.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.