Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Lazerus: Underground

Injury

Awesome Bro

2rorequ.png

Deep within the compounds of a secret research facility lies experiment Lazerus. Years of genetic modification experiments have created something
that has just awoken.

Knowing nothing but the need to see the sky, you must find your way out of the Underground.

Lazerus
The sole product of a genetic modification program. Nothing is know by either her or the outside world.

Sariel
An inhabitant of the Underground. Little is known about why she is there, or even how she got in.

Pruflas
A violent inhabitant of the Underground. Often acting violently before thinking, and then vanishing for a time.

Argen
An older man who appears in the Underground. Nothing is know about him, much like Lazerus...Only that he was there when Lazerus awakened.

Screen Shots:
e625ft.png
2qup6pe.png

What I Need (To Do/To Get/To Get Help With)
1. Sprites
--Main character
--Scientists in lab coats, probably 3-4 variations on their hair style/skin tone
--Soldiers, probably also need 3-4 variations based on their security role (General, Special, Containment, Sanitation Force)
--Intro map, which has to wait for sprites and whatnot
2. Scripts
--Heroine has no "down" direction to face
--Hit detection testing (Thanks Zen!)
--Basic Enemy AI
--Attacking/HP/Energy use bars/scripts/damage calculation/etc
---The thought is you can get power ups like Life High or Stamina High, and your Life and Stamina increase 200% for a small amount of time. There will also be traps like Life Low or Stamina Low where you have 50% of your Life and Stamina.
3. Plot
--Write up dialog
--Flesh out the middle part
4. Mapping
--Trying to make a front view stuff with one tileset might be an issue. I only intend to have 4 floors be playable at this point.
--Test map looks decent. I want to have more going on in the background though
--Lighting. I'm pushing my lighting skills forward. I like making dark games that have a creepy/scary vibe to them

Ideas so far:
-Big change from original idea
--2D side scrolling
--Fluid animations
--Mugen/Anime style sprites
--Psychokinetic powers
---Unlock powers as you go up through the complex
--Creep Factor 5
--HP/Stamina system. You can be powered up to 200% HP/Sta or dropped down to 50% HP/Sta

-Updates:
7/30/15
--Basic player transfer done. Working on more lighting.

7/29/15
--I have the intro and ending fleshed out. I need to figure out how to make it now.
--Concept screen shot added. Working on getting sprites. Don't want generica!
--Created Concept thread. Need to get this out there and start working it!!!

Old Updates:
--Working out the intro! I have a concept for this and how it will push into the main story.

Injury

Awesome Bro

-Working on basic mapping templates and concepts
-Added screenshot
-Trying to figure out the sprite thing

Any thoughts on how to make convincing dust particles in RMXP?

Please let me know. I know this is rough, but I will work on it after my mission in Cali.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.