Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Langrisser kind of Class system

Sturmy

Hi, I have a request for a class system, which is similar to Langrisser's system.

Each actor starts with a specific class, and after they reach a specific lv, they can/have to, change their class(keeping their lv and their skills), Classes they can choose between is decided in a script. Let me give you an example:

I have a character whose class is Warlock. This is his class path.

--------------------------------------------------------(lv:60-99)Wizard
------------------------------------(lv:36-60)Summoner<
------------------(lv:16-35)Shaman <-------------------(lv:60-99)Arch Mage
(lv:0-15)Warlock<-------------------(lv:36-60)Mage<
------------------(lv:16-35)Cleric<----------------------(lv:60-99)Saint
------------------------------------(lv:36-60)Priest<
--------------------------------------------------------(lv:60-99)High Priest

FORGET ABOUT THE LINES.

When he gains lv 15, he can choose between the class Cleric and Shaman. Lets say he chooses the class Cleric. Now, after he gains lv 35, he can choose to be a Priest or a Mage.

Different Stat-growth (depending on class, not character) would be appreciated, but I guess you can do that in the Actor and Class Stat Growth script by Trickster.

If anything is unclear, just ask.

~Sturmy

Sturmy

Thank you for the suggestion, but I think that'll be a clumsy way of doing it, and a script will run smoother. I also think the event will cause lag to the game.

Jason

Awesome Bro

I told you, This can be done using 1 event and no others, All you need is a Common Event, and make it Parrallel Process, and make the Trigger be a Switch, and just turn the Switch ON RIGHT at the beginning of the game, it's as easy as that. And there will be NO lag

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.